Alpha Couriers is committed in preventing personal data of individuals being used in an inappropriate manner and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements for data protection, and privacy.
Collection of Personal Data
- Personal Data" means information in respect of commercial transactions that relates to directly or indirectly to a Data Subject, who is identified or identifiable from that information or from that and other information in the possession of a data user, including any sensitive personal data, and expression of opinion about the Data Subject. Such personal information about or which identifies individual(s) who is the Data Subject, includes but not limited to individual(s)' names, addresses, identity card numbers, passport numbers, telephone and/or facsimile numbers, photographs, finger prints, and email and/or social media addresses.
- Processing in relation to personal data means collecting, recording, holding or storing the personal data or carrying out any operations or set of operations on the personal data.
- Sensitive personal data means any personal information consisting of information including but not limited to the physical or mental health or condition of a Data Subject, his political opinions, his religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission by him of any offence or any other personal data.
- Data Subject refers to individual who is the subject of the personal data.
In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Alpha Couriers directly, Alpha Couriers may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up application or registration forms or other similar forms;
- From publicly available sources such as directories,
- From Alpha Couriers’ social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages;
- When you interact and communicate with Alpha Couriers at any events or activities;
- When you enter contests organized by Alpha Couriers; or
- By using Alpha Couriers’ website.
Purposes of Processing
Alpha Couriers may use and process your Personal Data for business and activities of Alpha Couriers which shall include, without limitation the following ("Purpose"):
to perform the Alpha Couriers’ obligations in respect of any contract entered into with you;
to provide you with any service you have requested;
to process your subscriptions and to deliver the services to you;
where you have requested to download and use the Alpha Couriers’ Crosstrack "app" to process your request, to deliver the App to you and to provide you a license for the use of the App;
to process your participation in any events, activities, focus groups, research studies, contests, promotions, polls, surveys or any productions;
to process, manage or verify your application for subscription with Alpha Couriers and to provide you the benefits offered to subscribers;
to validate your bookings and process payments relating to any products or services you have requested;
to understand and analyses our sales as well as your needs and preferences;
to develop, enhance and provide products and services to meet your needs;
to process exchanges or product returns;
For Vendors, Suppliers, Contractors, Agents, Partner or Service Provider:
for the purposes of engaging you to provide services or products;
to facilitate or enable any checks as may be required by Alpha Couriers in order to engage you;
to process payments relating to any products or services you have provided;
to contact you or your Alpha Couriers;
- to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
- to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
- for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
- for purposes of detection, prevention and prosecution of crime;
- for Alpha Couriers to comply with its obligations under law;
and you agree and consent to Alpha Couriers using and processing your Personal Data for the Purposes and in the manner as identified in this Notice.
You hereby represent that if at any time you have provided and disclosed to Alpha Couriers personal data about other individuals, you are authorized to do so, and are aware that Alpha Couriers may use, and/or process such personal data for the relevant purposes as set out in "Section 2" above.
Personal data shall not without your consent be disclosed for any purpose other than the purpose for which the personal data was to be disclosed at the time of collection of the personal data or a purpose directly related to it or be disclosed to a third party other than that specified in the "Purposes of Processing" section above.
Alpha Couriers shall take appropriate measures to protect the personal data from any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction when processing personal data. However, no Internet or electronic transmission (including email) is ever fully secure or error free. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Internet.
- Alpha Couriers shall retain personal data for as long as necessary for its legitimate business purposes, and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- We may further retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, maintain accurate accounting, financial and other operational records and enforce our agreements.
- You may by notice in writing to Alpha Couriers withdraw your consent to or limit the processing of personal data in respect of which you are the Data Subject. Alpha Couriers shall upon receiving the written notice cease or limit the processing of the personal data accordingly.
- Alpha Couriers processes personal information only in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our products and services.
- Personal data supplied by you to Alpha Couriers shall be accurate, complete, current and not misleading.
- Customers of Alpha Couriers may update or change the personal information they have provided to Alpha Couriers by logging into the Service and providing such information where applicable.
- You shall by notice in writing to Alpha Couriers inform of any changes to the personal data supplied by you to ensure the personal data is kept up-to-date. Please refer to the "Access" section below for the communication methods available.
You have the right to request access to your personal data processed by Alpha Couriers and be able to correct your personal data. You may send your request to Alpha Couriers at the following address or e-mail:
808 French Road, Kitchener Complex
Acknowledgement and Consent
- By communicating with Alpha Couriers, using Alpha Couriers’ services, purchasing products from Alpha Couriers or by virtue of your engagement with Alpha Couriers, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Notice and agree and consent to the use, processing and transfer of your Personal Data as described in this Notice.
- Alpha Couriers shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Websites. By your continued engagement with Alpha Couriers following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, such actions shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.